Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I May Have A Scrap Problem... A Little Progress, and Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Well, this week did not go AT ALL like I thought it would!  I had great plans to work on my Gypsy Wife blocks, but a short-deadline project came up that threw that out the window.  So I'm embracing the change, and sharing some other things this week!


First of all, I went to a trunk show with the fabulous Jen Kingwell last Thursday night and oh my gosh is that girl a great scrap quilter!  I've really been enjoying my experiences with Long Time Gone, Gypsy Wife, and My Small World, but I got to see some of her other quilts up close and personal and left inspired!!  And she even signed my Long Time Gone quilt!!


And over the weekend, I finished this scrappy quilt top (at least, the piecing part - there's still some appliqué work to do!) That made quite a dent in the blue bin!!  This will be part of my eldest granddaughter's annual quilt this year.


And how's this for a bit of scrappy sewing?  Of course, I had LOTS of help with this one - it's a ministry project with a very tight deadline, so it's going to absorb all of my time today as I finish it up.

So that's what I've been working on this week, at least on the scrappy front.  I've seen some fun inspiration on Instagram this week, though, and thought I might share a few with you!  First of all some quilt deliciousness...


Is there anything more beautiful than a simple 
scrappy patchwork quilt?


And as soon as I saw these churn dash blocks, I thought, "Wow, those would look awesome scrappy!"


Check out this beauty!  I bet it would make one heck of a dent in the scrap bins....


And if you're anything like me, all those bonus triangles are starting to pile up - but here's a great idea for using them up!  Quite a creative way to use different sizes...


This quilt just makes my heart sing!  Simple hourglass blocks, but done scrappy, it just glows with color!!

And then - - - have you ever seen a picture and just been instantly captivated and inspired?


I saw this jacket in a catalog and instantly envisioned it pieced, using my solid colored scraps and possibly some of the linen I bought earlier this year.  Ooh, or maybe some of those Kaffe Fassett shot cotton fat quarters I've been hoarding for a while....  I don't know if I'll get to it before the end of the year, but I definitely want to give it a go!  

Ok, are you inspired now?  What wonderful scrappy things have you been working on lately?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I bet Jen's trunk show was amazing! I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue pieced work for your grand-daughter's quilt. and please, please, please...can you tell me what catalog that jacket is in? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah-I love the blue quilt for your granddaughter! I recognize the pattern but don't recall the name. Can you tell me the name of it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe... That supernova is beyond WOW !!! I have a granddaughter named Nova, I am going to have to make her one.
    If you make a jacket, please do a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using up my dark and light 2.5" scrap squares as leader/enders, making four patches. I thought I knew what I would do with them, but that quilt you shared with the checkerboards and string blocks is calling me now! It's those red square centers that pull it all together...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple beauty of the ministry quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!